When we position the camera, we are ultimately positioning the viewer of our photographs. We explore this idea using a 1757 painting by the Venetian Painter Canaletto, who often used a camera obscura to create his paintings.
Thanks to Dirk Rösler and the folks at the Large Format Photography Forum for setting these wheels in motion. Check out some of the conversations we’re having on Facebook and Flickr about photography and ideas.
Links for this Episode:
- Camera Position on Facebook – Share your images
- Camera Position on Flickr – Share your images
- Jeff’s Photograph Italy Workshops
- Japan Exposures – Dirk Rösler’s site
- Canaletto – a gallery of his paintings online
- Large Format Photography Forum – A clearing house of information for the view camera photographer